Monday, January 11, 2016

I am... Magdelaine Mueller

I am…
the daughter of two unwed, separated parents.
a step daughter to my father’s wife and my mother’s husband.
The cat lady who cares for wild cats named Apollo, Athena, and Sophia.
a sister to four siblings, two brothers and two sisters, the eldest child in my mother’s house, but the second to youngest in my father’s house.
a musician who dreams of being a tour manager, songwriter, and scriptwriter.
I am…
cool coffee places with tasty coffee.
Panera’s broccoli cheddar soup and grilled cheese sandwich.
art and photographs that make you feel something.
newly written songs, some with poorly written lyrics.
the vibrating hum of a guitar, a captivating voice in a crowded room.
bodies running into each other at jam-packed concerts.
intriguing, thought provoking films and admirable directors, actors, and scriptwriters.
I am…
wrinkled shirts and funky socks, band tees and tattered vans.
long sleeved shirts and skinny jeans with the bottoms rolled up.
a faux fur coat and mismatched clothing.
wavy brown hair and green eyes, crooked teeth and freckles.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Magdelaine! Thanks for sharing this. I love what you said about "art and photographs that make you FEEL something" and how you imply you are a mashup of all the films and books and concerts and art you've taken in over the years of close study and thought. I can totally see you as a tour manager and a songwriter and whatever other passions you find in the future. You are just a really cool person and I am glad to know you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maggedy Maggster, I think this is awesome. I love how much you enjoy music and I always respect someone who knows its power. Music can move nations and all that jazz... Get it?

    ReplyDelete